Woodview at Bulverde Creek Homeowners Association

Welcome & Information

>Pay Dues online
>How to Volunteer
>ACC Requests
>Past Publications
>Meeting Minutes
>Late Fees
>Trash Cans
>Parking Issues
>Barking Dogs
>Pets Running Free
>Garage Sales
>Trojan Horse
>ACC Guidelines


Welcome                                              Streetlights
Association                                           Parking & Traffic Signs
Administration                                       Newspaper Delivery
Improvements Approval                           Mail Delivery
Pets, Barking Dogs & Other Nuisances        Trash Cans & Garbage Services
Utilities & Services                                 Public Schools
Emergency Services                               City of San Antonio Numbers
District 10 City Council Information           Parks & Recreation
Transportation                                      Municiple Court
Leaves & Grass Clippings

 Welcome Homeowner, 

Prior to purchasing your home, you were informed of the Woodview at Bulverde Creek Homeowners Association and its many fine features.  The Board of Directors and the Architectural Control Committee would like to provide you more information about the Association's rules and regulations, services provided by outside agencies, utilities and phone numbers for your convenience.

Homeowners in Woodview at Bulverde Creek want to make it a better place to live and enhance long-term property values.  In order to do this, everyone must comply with the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (DCCR's), which are provided at time of closing.  Most violations occur as a result of insufficient information or misinformation.  The following information is provided to help clarify the requirements.  If you have any questions, please call the Association office at 210-829-7202 or visit our web site at www.fsresidentialsa.com.


The Woodview at Bulverde Creek Association is a nonprofit organization.  The Association owns and maintains the common properties and facilities.  The common properties and facilities include, but are not limited to, grounds maintenance of certain public rights-of-way or easements, walls, certain perimeter fencing, greenbelt landscaping, monument entryways, irrigation systems and improvements. 

Every homeowner is an automatic/required member of the Woodview at Bulverde Creek Homeowners Association, shares a portion of the responsibility for its support and pays mandatory assessments.

The Woodview at Bulverde Creek HOA assessments (currently $180.00 per year) are billed in semiannual installments of $90.00 and are due on the 1st of January and the 1st of July of each year.  (If you do not  receive a courtesy reminder statement, your account is still due and you should make arrangements for payment.)  Payments can now be made online at www.cabanc.com.

NOTICE:  There will be a $30.00 late fee assessed on accounts that become 60-days past due.


The offices of the Association are located on the access road off of Loop 410 East at Harry Wurzbach.  It is a two-story tan building with “FirstService Residential" on the front of it.  The mailing address is 1600 N.E. Loop 410, Suite #202, San Antonio, Texas 78209, (210-829-7202).  Hours of operation are: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Responsibilities are to represent the Association in providing for the physical maintenance and operation of the common facilities as well as administer the services of all contractors providing services to the Association.  Additional responsibilities include collecting assessments, making disbursements, establishing the budgets, keeping financial records and maintaining all administrative records of the Association.  The Association has other responsibilities, at the direction of the Board, such as assisting in Architectural review.

To facilitate these administrative duties and responsibilities, the Board of Directors has hired FirstService Residential-San Antonio as the Association’s management company.

 Building & Improvements  Approval: 

The Architectural Control Committee (ACC) must approve any exterior improvements to your home or property before work may be started.  It is the responsibility of each owner to submit plans for any improvement to the ACC for review at the time of submission of the plans. Plans must be approved in writing prior to commencing construction.

"Improvement" is defined as any addition or change to the existing property.  Everything is covered from home  additions, to sidewalks, replacement or treatment of fences, landscaping,  lawn sculptures, pools, patios, decks, flagpoles, basketball goals, athletic equipment, radio/TV antennae, satellite dishes, backyard sheds, gazebos, plays capes, swing sets, exterior colors to home, changing of windows, etc.

For improvements, please submit a site survey (showing lot, existing house and any additions, intended placement  on site, list of materials, colors, screening, etc.) to the Association office along with the Improvement Request Form signed by the Owner of Record.  Additional copies of the form may be obtained from the Management web site at www.fsresidentialsa.com.

To better assist homeowners with their improvements, the ACC has created an Architectural Control Manual covering most common improvements and their restrictions.


All household pets shall at all times, except when they are confined within the boundaries of a private single-family residence, be restrained or controlled by a leash, rope or similar restraint.  Please do not let your pets run loose.  In addition, please clean up after your pet when taking them for a walk, no one wants their landscaping damaged nor wants to clean up after someone else's pet.  Immediately report stray animals to Animal Control by calling City Services at "311".

Barking Dogs and Other Noise Nuisances:

If your neighbor’s dog is barking and disturbing you on a regular basis, or if there are any other “nuisance” type problems with a neighbor, please follow these procedures for the most expedient resolution:

1. Contact the HOA Office to file a complaint.  A letter will be sent to the offending owner asking them to be courteous to their neighbors and to resolve the issue at once in an effort to promote harmony in the community (you will remain anonymous).
2. You, as the Complainant, should call 311 and register a complaint so that a file can be opened at Code Compliance.  Make sure to get a complaint number from the operator when you call. Or call 207-SAPD to report a disturbance when it is occurring so the police officer can be witness to the event.  See more information on our News page on this web site regarding the city’s “party ordinance”.
3. Call Code Compliance a few days later and request the status of the complaint number you were given above.  Please note that Code Compliance policy states that it may take up to a week to 10 days to investigate the complaint.
4. If necessary, the Complainant should go down to Municipal Court and swear out a complaint using the complaint number given.  At this point, your anonymity can no longer be preserved.  The Municipal Court will serve the Defendant with a court date.  Both the Defendant and Complainant must appear in court.  Multiple Complainants will carry more weight in court (if more than one neighbor is affected).

The Complainant cannot be the HOA, it must be the party being affected.  Furthermore, the complaining party has the duty of “proving the preponderance of evidence.”  In other words, you must prove that the dog(s), or other nuisances, are obstructing your Texas Property Owner’s right to quiet and peaceful enjoyment of your own property.

 Utilities & Services: 

      CPS Energy
            provides electric and gas -          210-353-2222     www.cpsenergy.com

     SAWS (San Antonio Water System)
            provides water -                        210-704-7297     www.saws.org

     AT&T provides
            telecommunications service -      800-464-7928     www.att.sbc.com

     Time Warner Cable provides
            telecommunications service -      210-244-0500     www.TWC-SA.com

      City of San Antonio Customer Service -   311              www.sanantonio.gov 


CPS Energy maintains the streetlights.  If you notice a light out, please report it to CPS Energy at 210-353-2222 or call the association office at 210-829-7202 or request repairs via CPS Streetlight Repair web site.

Want more street lights?  According to the city’s Public Works web site:

“Residential streets are typically lighted so that a silhouette is created by anything or anyone on the road at night.  This is created by providing a street light at each intersection and sometimes at mid-block if the block is over 600 feet in length.”

If you are interested in spearheading an initiative to get additional street lights, please volunteer and become a member of the Safety Committee or you can contact Public Works at 207-8075.  If an additional light is warranted, you will be mailed a form (basically a petition) which neighbors can sign.  Signatures are required from all neighbors residing adjacent to the proposed location of the light.

Parks and Recreation:

Most city parks are open from 5 AM - 11 PM.  For more information on park hours and special event permits, call the reservations office at 210-207-7275 or visit their website at www.sanantonio.gov/sapar .

          San Antonio Botanical Garden                                 Blossom
          555 Funston, 210-207-3250                                   15015 Heimer Road
          Gardens, conservatory                                          Playground, athletic fields

          Brackenridge                                                       McAllister
          3700 N. St. Mary’s                                               13102 Jones Maltsberger
          Pavilions, playscapes, athletics fields                       Dog park, pavilions, picnic units, baseball fields

          Department of Texas Parks and Wildlife 210-348-7375 or www.tpwd.state.tx.us/
          Park Police 210-207-8590

 Parking, Speed Limits, Traffic Signs & Signals:

The streets are public right-of-ways of the City of San Antonio and parking is permitted by anyone at anytime.  Traffic and pedestrian control signs, street maintenance, and speed bumps are installed and maintained by the City of San Antonio Public Works.  Call 311 to report damaged streets, sidewalks, signs or signals.  Towing from public streets can be ordered by law enforcement only.  Traffic and parking violations enforcement is the responsibility of the San Antonio Police Department (207-SAPD)

Looking at the complaints and comments regarding traffic and streets, it’s obvious that there is considerable concern over the congestion caused by so many cars being parked in the street.  With so many cars parked along the curb, line-of-sight is greatly reduced when it comes to seeing children playing on the sidewalk or driveway and cars backing out of driveways.  Since we’re not a gated community where the streets are private, we have not authority to regulate parking in the street.  Our streets are city property and parking is regulated by state law and city ordinances.  Whenever possible though, please park your cars in your garage or driveway rather than in the street.  The safety of our children for outweighs any convenience that parking in the street may bring.

Below is a quick refresher course in parking laws and ordinances that come into play within Woodview at Bulverde Creek community.

  • Angle parking is permitted only in approved and marked areas.  No street within Woodview, including cul-de-sacs, has been designated for angle parking. - city ordinance
  • Can’t park an oversized vehicle on a residential street.  Oversized is defined as greater than 8 feet tall, or greater than 8 feet in width, or greater than 24 feet in length including any attached trailers. - city ordinance
  • Can’t park unused cars in the street for more than 24 hours or at any time for purposes of storage, washing, greasing, repair, sale, or display of advertising signs/posters fixed to such vehicle. - city ordinance
  • Can’t park a vehicle on a sidewalk, in an intersection, or on a crosswalk. - state law
  • Can’t park within 20 feet of a crosswalk at an intersection. - state law
  • Can’t park within 30 feet on the approach to a stop sign or yield sign. - state law
  • Can’t park within 15 feet of a fire hydrant. - state law
  • Can’t park in front of a public or private driveway. - state law
  • When parallel parking on two-way street, the right-hand wheels of the vehicle must be parallel to and within 18 inches of the right-hand curb. - state law

Although the homeowners’ association doesn’t have the power to self-enforce city ordinances and state laws, homeowners can ask for the assistance of local law enforcement to do so.  (call 207-SAPD).

 Newspaper Delivery:

Delivery of the San Antonio Express News is available by calling 210-250-2000.  For  additional information visit their web site at www.mysanantonio.com/.

 Mail Delivery:

Delivery is made Monday through Saturday and deposited in the cluster mailboxes provided by the builder.  The nearest USPS Substation is located at 20403 Encino Ledge; please call 1-(800)-275-8777 if you have delivery problems. Keys and locks associated with individual mailboxes are the responsibility of the resident upon issuance of the initial keys.  Any damage or loss of keys is the sole responsibility of the homeowner. For more  information visit the USPS web site at www.usps.comYour new zip  code is 78259.

 Garbage Services: 

The City of San Antonio Solid Waste Services provides garbage service. Brown garbage containers are picked up on Monday and the blue recycle containers and green organic containers are picked up on Thursday.  From the City of San Antonio (COSA) Codes and  Ordinances, Chapter 14, Section 14-11 Residential refuse collection  procedures:

 "It shall be the duty of the owner, manager, tenant or occupant of any dwelling, building or premises to place all receptacles containing house hold and commercial refuse at the designated point of collection no earlier than 6:00 a.m. of the day of collection.  It shall be the duty of the owner, manager tenant or occupant to any dwelling, building or premises to remove all reusable receptacles from the collection  point by 10:00 p.m. the same day as the collection... Receptacles not removed shall be declarable a public nuisance and may be removed by the city."

Our Architectural Control Committee (ACC) has developed ACC Standards that define possible screening methods for the new COSA automated garbage and recycling containers.  Click Here for more information on ACC screening methods for these new containers.

Leaves & Grass Clippings:

Customers of the City of San Antonio’s Solid Waste Management Department can request special collections of bagged leaves and grass clippings. Leaves and clippings must be placed in paper lawn & leaf “kraft” bags or cardboard boxes. A maximum of 50 bags will be collected per request. The first two collections are free; additional collections are $20. Call 3-1-1 to request your collection. Avoid unwanted violation letters from the HOA by notifying the Association when you plan to place your bags at curb side.

For more information on Dial-A-Trailer, Brush Collection, Recycling Options, Grasscycling, call the City’s Customer Service number “311” or visit the City’s web site at

Municipal Court:

401 South Frio Street, at the corner of Frio and Durango, just west of I.H. 35 South.
Hours: Monday-Thursday from 8 AM - 5 PM and Fridays from 8 AM - 7 PM.
Call United Way at 211 to see if you Qualify for a public defender


Texas Department of Public Safety                                      VIA Metropolitan Transit
     Information 210-531-2200                                                  www.viainfo.net
     Roadside Assistance 800-525-5555                                      Customer Service 210-362-2020
     Northeast Drivers License Office 210-659-7541

Airport  210-207-3450 www.sanatonio.gov/aviation

Garage Sales:

Community Wide Garage Sales are dependent upon volunteers to plan and organize these events.  Individual homeowner garage sales are allowed.  The HOA asks that any signs that are placed in the community promoting these sales be removed promptly after the end of the sale period.  Garage Sale Permits are required in the city limits of San Antonio.  Call 311 for more information on these permits.  City permits are now available online at www.sanantonio.gov/residents.

Public Schools*: 

Northeast Independent School District
  (NEISD)  -                                        210-804-7000     www.neisd.net

Bulverde Creek Elementary,
  3839 Canyon Pkwy                            210-491-8325     www.neisd.net/bulverde/

Tejeda Middle School,
  2909 East Evans Road  -                    210-482-2260     www.neisd.net/tejeda/

Johnson* High School,
  23303 Bulverde Road  -                     210-356-0400     www.neisd.net/johnson/   

* Due to enrollment caps, the schools listed above are subject to change.  Please  consult your school district’s main office for future plans.


 City of San Antonio -

 Fire Protection & Rescue: 

The San Antonio Fire Department provides fire fighting & rescue services.  In non-emergency situations call 210-207-8492 or visit their web site at


The San Antonio Police Department provides public law enforcement service.  In non-emergency situations call 210-207-SAPD (7273) or visit their web site at

Building Permits:          210-207-8220
Garage Sale Permits:    210-207-8263
Burn Ban Permits:        210-335-0300
Fireworks Hotline:        210-207-7963

 District 10 City Council:

The Woodview at Bulverde Creek community is located within the city limits of San Antonio and is part of District 10.  Visit the District 10 web site for more information on our current councilman and events at
 http://www.sanantonio.gov/council/d10/index.asp .


[Home] [Information] [Gov Docs] [Violations] [BOD] [Committees] [News & Events] [Forms] [Links]

Designed by Greg Heaton Web Site Development